Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur

+2
BillyBaldwin
Luke
6 posters

Go down

Which do you consider to be the most important virtues of chivalry?

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap19%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap5%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap10%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap5%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap24%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap14%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_lcap10%Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 21

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Empty Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur

Post  Luke Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Many people say I'm a fish out of water. A modern day bald Sir Lancelot. I find this kind of frustrating due to the fact that I'm quite the chivalrous gentleman. And in today's world that can be an anomaly. Chivalry is gone, or so it appears to be in today's society. The days of gentlemen opening doors for ladies, standing when a woman enters the room, tipping a cap respectfully, seem to be firmly fixed in the "good old days."

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur King-arthur-Movie-poster

I recently discovered this website~
http://www.chivalrynow.net/intro.htm

Perhaps we can springboard this questionaire from that site into a discussion.
1) Does the word Chivalry convey a positive or negative image in your mind?
2) Is there anything about Chivalry you find appealing? If so, what?
3) Is there anything you dislike about Chivalry? If so, what?
4) How would you define Chivalry?
5) Do you find a focus on these values missing in your life?
6) The Order of the Round Table was a fabled order of knighthood started by the legendary King Arthur. Only prestigious knights of proven skill, courage and virtue were invited to belong. This brotherhood worked together for the good of Arthur’s realm.
If you were invited to join a similar Round Table today, would you:
__ Accept without hesitation.
__ Find the offer attractive or flattering and actively look into it.
__ Want to know more about it first, but only if the info comes your way.
__ Feel somewhat amused, but not interested.
__ Think the idea is stupid, even though it appeals to something deep inside you.
__ Think the idea has no relevance.
__ Consider it a complete turn-off.
7) Camelot represents a kind of Utopia based on Chivalry. It is a realm that enjoys peace, grace and beauty. The people are inspired by high ideals and work together in respect and harmonious cooperation. They value and appreciate what they have. In a world saturated by corporate greed, consumerism and politics tainted by corruption and special interests, how do you view Camelot as a symbol? Which of the following statements most closely resembles your opinion:
__ It is a valuable ideal that can be used for cultural, social & political improvement.
__ It has some nostalgic value.
__ As a symbol for change, it is probably too late to make a difference.
__ A nice idea that can have no realistic impact on today’s world.
__ Ridiculous to try.
__ I like the way things are, and don’t want change.
8)Would you personally like to see men act more chivalrous?
Comments?
Luke
Luke
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Empty Re: Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur

Post  BillyBaldwin Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Chicks_dig_chivalry1
BillyBaldwin
BillyBaldwin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Empty Re: Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur

Post  Luke Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

Luke
Luke
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Skully Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for posting that. Nothing like a view laughs to start the day.
Skully
Skully
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 am

This is a serious issue Skully. There are far too many blokes that learn a thing or two from this.
I for one value patience and honor.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm believe each of those virtues are important. It all depends on the time and place.
Austin
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Soapbuddy Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

BillyBaldwin wrote:Wish I Lived In The Good Old Days Of King Arthur Chicks_dig_chivalry1
To some degree that's true.
Soapbuddy
Soapbuddy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

http://www.gingersgarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down