Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport?

+21
BillyBaldwin
Luke
Wilks
Marco
MightyA
Slickdome
NJE03
Thardus
Brandon
BladeRunner
AtomicGleam
Celsius
Sanderson
Mike505
mcpacker
Tyro
McGrath
Geodome
Joey
Logan
Bullethead
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport?

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap33%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 12 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap6%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap42%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 15 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap3%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap3%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap8%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_lcap5%What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 36

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Empty What sort of facial fuzz do you sport?

Post  Bullethead Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:48 pm

I think it's just like an accessory. It's just something you have to accent your look. I wear a goat, a stach, and sometimes I'm clean shaven. I never look the same way after 2 months. I change often just so I see something different each morning in the mirror.
Bullethead
Bullethead
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Empty Re: What sort of facial fuzz do you sport?

Post  Logan Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 pm

My goatee has been my old-faithful for the last 5 years. I've been w/o hair on my head for nearly 3 years so I'm not willing to part with the hair on my chin. Not just yet anyway.
Logan
Logan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? Empty Re: What sort of facial fuzz do you sport?

Post  Joey Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 pm

It varies, depending on my mood and how much effort I can conjure up.
Joey
Joey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Geodome Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:09 pm

It all depends on the time of year for me.
From Memorial Day to Labor Day I wear a trimmed goat. Usually #4 on my Philips-Norelco.
The rest of the year I either let my goat run wild or opt for a full beard.
Geodome
Geodome
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  McGrath Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 pm

My girl friend likes my chin-strap only if I keep it neat and trimmed.
I wouldn't hear the end of it if I ever let it go Amish.
McGrath
McGrath
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:44 pm

McGrath wrote:My girl friend likes my chin-strap only if I keep it neat and trimmed.
I wouldn't hear the end of it if I ever let it go Amish.
I lived in Amish country. Nothing wrong with the Amish. Don't let a woman dictate your life. My wife would have me clean shaved if she got her way. She got half of her wish. I got a clean shaved head.
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  mcpacker Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:27 am

I am growing my beard naturally and only trimming my mustache. It's been almost three months and I plan to let it grow for another year at least.
mcpacker
mcpacker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:57 am

mcpacker wrote:I plan to let it grow for another year at least.
I predict a ZZ "top" beard, MC.
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike505 Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 am

ZZ Top ROCKS some serious scruff. I myself never had "serious" face fuzz for more than a week. Maybe it's time to axe the total Mr. Clean and add some to this baby face of mine. scratch

Other Mike, MC... can't imagine you w/o that beard of yours.
Looking forward to your end year result. Beard on bro!
Mike505
Mike505
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  mcpacker Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Mike505 wrote:ZZ Top ROCKS some serious scruff. I myself never had "serious" face fuzz for more than a week. Maybe it's time to axe the total Mr. Clean and add some to this baby face of mine. scratch

Other Mike, MC... can't imagine you w/o that beard of yours.
Looking forward to your end year result. Beard on bro!

I was looking at some pictures of myself with a shaved face and I don't like that look one bit. I don't know why I waited so long to grow a beard. The longer it gets the more I like it.
mcpacker
mcpacker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 pm

mcpacker wrote: I don't know why I waited so long to grow a beard. The longer it gets the more I like it.
Probably this was "the time" for you to grow a beard. I started growing mine in my mid 20's and haven't been clean shaven since. Without my beard I'm just not me. It's just who I am and will always be. As for headshaving it makes a beard more prominant.
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanderson Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 pm

McPacker and CactusRuss, you have ace beards. The bald head/ full beard combo suits you both. I currently have a trimmed stubble beard. It's better than no beard at all.
Sanderson
Sanderson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 pm

My wife didn't marry Mr. Clean. Some form of "scruff", even if it's just a soul patch, is needed to offset a shaved skull.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AtomicGleam Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 am

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? B9hpv8
AtomicGleam
AtomicGleam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  mcpacker Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Here is another picture of the beard so far

What sort of facial fuzz do you sport? DSCN0558
mcpacker
mcpacker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Beard on bros.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Geodome Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 pm

That's a monumental beard you got there MC. Big in size, yet very neat and tidy.
Must take some time to get it so well groomed.
Geodome
Geodome
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  mcpacker Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 am

Geodome wrote:That's a monumental beard you got there MC. Big in size, yet very neat and tidy.
Must take some time to get it so well groomed.

All I do is trim the lower edge of my mustache every now and then. I also wash it daily and condition it every other day. I carry a small comb with me and comb it when people are not looking.

When I'm at home and watching a movie or game I sit in my recliner and comb it. I find it very relaxing.
mcpacker
mcpacker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Combing is the only way I've been keeping things in place. I'll try some conditioner and see how that works.
Brandon
Brandon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thardus Sat May 02, 2009 3:09 pm

I recently learned with fabrics and carpets that soap works best with a high alkaline pH, but that this leaves the fibers tough and rough because the fibers work best in a slightly acidic state. That's what fabric softener does. Since a lot of carpets and fabrics are animal hairs, I bet the same is true with our hair but only our facial hair since everybody knows scalp hair shouldn't be allowed to grow Very Happy Maybe people with rough or unmanageable facial hair should try a conditioner. Mine's only 1/2 to 3/4ths of an inch long so there's not much room for it to be unmanageable anyway.
Thardus
Thardus
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Sat May 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Thardus wrote:the fibers work best in a slightly acidic state.
Maybe a lemon juice rinse would be helpful.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  NJE03 Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Sport a beard myself.

NJE03
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Wed May 06, 2009 12:31 am

NJE03 wrote:Sport a beard myself.
Top notch beard NJE03.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Slickdome Sat May 09, 2009 1:43 am

I've done every conceivable version of facial hair with the shaved dome during the past 6 years, including the full bushy beard which I've had for the past 9 months, but decided to get rid of this morning...lol.

You can see a good representation of all my attempted looks here:

Facial Hair Frenzy

I kinda miss the beard already!

Slickdome
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  MightyA Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 pm

JJ, you wear all those looks well, but with the warm weather months approaching, a beard, especially a full bushy one, may not be the best way to get through the intense summer heat and humidity. In my opinion, you'll be cooler without your beard. And with the sun out, you'll get some decent color on both your head and face. Be generous with the sunscreen and you'll be good to go.

Maybe this is a misconception and I'm misinformed, but I'm posing this question to all our bearded brothers.....
Do full beards make you feel hotter in the summer?
MightyA
MightyA
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum