Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Christmas Memory....

+2
Tyro
Timmj
6 posters

Go down

A Christmas Memory.... Empty A Christmas Memory....

Post  Timmj Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey all, Merry Christmas! Just wondering about a Christmas memory you all may have. One that kind of stands out in your memory..

I remember when I was younger, I have a brother who is 4 years younger than I am. It was at a time where I wasnt sure if there was a Santa or not. Well my brother and I shared a room and we were sent to bed. We were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa...i should say my brother moreso than I was. Anyways...we laid in there for like seemed hours before we suddenly started to hear video games and all sorts of stuff. Apparently my parents thought we were asleep and they were playing with our toys. They even had friends over goign thru our stuff! LOL this was way back when we got our first Atari! LOL

I think that night was the night I realized Santa was real in your heart!
Timmj
Timmj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Memory.... Empty Re: A Christmas Memory....

Post  Tyro Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Atari! That's a blast from the past.
This X-mas I'll try to join my sons and master some Wii Games including Guutar Hero and Super Mario Galaxy. Believe me they're way over my head. I'll take a game of pong over any of these new fangled technological wonders anytime. I sound like an old fuddyduddy, but I yearn for those simpler times. Opening small presents fireside. Usually clothes like ugly sweaters! santa
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorman Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:23 pm

A Christmas I fondly remember was when I was 8 or 9. We had just moved to a new home and everything was still in the moving boxes. My folks said there would be no decorations or presents.
So my big sister Sue and I went to bed that Christmas eve with no expectations.

We didn't know but the folks and some neighbors unpacked everything overnight and when we came down the next morning the entire living room was decorated with presents beneath a tree. My pressent that year was very memorable. A Sony boombox cassette-corder, cheers
Razorman
Razorman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Skully Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 am

Razorman wrote: My pressent that year was very memorable. A Sony boombox cassette-corder, cheers
I had one of those. They used 8 D batteries. And if you didn't buy the alkaline kind, the juice got sucked out after an hours worth of play.
Skully
Skully
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 am

Getting a portable device w/o the batteries is like getting no present at all.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:21 am

We live in Melbourne Australia, so we don't have a Winter Christmas. It's Summer here then
so unless the weather is extreme for the time of year, we usually celebrate Christmas time
with the air conditioner running to keep cool!! Very hard for some people to believe.

My parents came out from England in the late 1970's and so over the years, our Christmas'
were full of regular English traditions from a very cold climate. Things have changed a bit
over the years with a few compensations for the heat & changing times.

I'm now married with my own family. About two weeks before Christmas, I finally decide I should do the Christmas present shopping and it's a mad rush from then till Christmas Eve. Every year I keep saying I will buy gifts way in advance, but I never do and I think the rush and exhilaration is all a part of that
special Christmas spirit.

The houses in our area are decorated with lights, animated santas and other holiday sights. The nights being quite warm (remember we are talking Summer here), our family climbs in the car and drives round, windows down, looking at all the displays. Two years ago, we joined in this tradition, by placing 500 lights in a forty foot gum tree in our front yard. No fancy colours or flashing, but the sheer height of it looks great. How did we get the lights up that high? Would you believe we called in a favour from a friend who has a Cherry Picker and another who is a lighting expert, and they strung the lights for us. Last year we also added coloured lights right around all the eaves of our house. It all looks very festive now.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down