Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baseball 2009

+6
BladeRunner
Tyro
McGrath
Logan
Rodger
John
10 posters

Go down

Baseball 2009 Empty Baseball 2009

Post  John Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:26 pm

As an avid Red Sox fan I have no compassion for the trials and tribulations of the NY Yankees. Well it apppears that A-Rod will be out of their line-up until possibly the All-Star break. No one is saying anything, but I believe the cyst on his hip could be related to the steroid shots his cousin gave him.That being the case, it serves him right. You know the old saying, when you play with fire, you get burned.

Hasta La Vista A-Rod Twisted Evil
John
John
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Baseball 2009 Empty Re: Baseball 2009

Post  Rodger Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 pm

John wrote:Hasta La Vista A-Rod Twisted Evil
FYI - Alex Rodriguez underwent arthroscopic surgery Monday to repair torn cartilage in his right hip, and doctors said they found nothing that would keep him from returning to the lineup in May.
Smile
Rodger
Rodger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  John Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

The World Baseball Classic
Baseball 2009 Wbc_200x200

Congratulations goes out to the Netherlands, which defeated the Dominican Republic knocking them out of the World Baseball Classic. The Dominicans certainly don't believe it actually happened.

Tonight it's the Netherlands vs the USA. May the best team win.
John
John
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 am

Japan beat South Korea 5-3 to record their second straight World Baseball Classic title on Monday night, leading star outfielder Ichiro Suzuki to declare that “God” had descended on him. Suzuki managed a tie-breaking two-run single in the extra 10th inning to help his side to a victory over their bitter rivals in the Classic final at Dodger Stadium.
Logan
Logan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodger Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 am

Yesterday started out misty, but as I crossed over the Whitestone Bridge into Flushing the fog lifted. Going through the gates of Citi Field for the very time the sun broke out. The only damper on this day was that the game was not a major league game....St. Johns vs Georgetown. At $5 a ticket it was well worth getting a preview of this first class new home of the NY Mets. Looking forward to coming back for some real games.

Baseball 2009 14xh16f

Baseball 2009 281hhra

Baseball 2009 4sk7yx

Baseball 2009 I373bs
Rodger
Rodger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  John Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:15 pm

Rodger, those are really nice pics of the park. Thanks for posting them. Nice seeing you in that Mr. Met get-up. Laughing

I'll be at Citi Field this Saturday for the Red Sox vs. Mets exhibition game. Tickets were only $19. Can't wait to check out the Jackie Robinson Rotunda and all the "new anemities". I'm anticipating a great day of ball.
John
John
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  McGrath Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

John wrote:Can't wait to check out all the "new anemities".
What are the new anemities?
McGrath
McGrath
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:53 pm

If you have the MLB Station you can get a look at the new Yankee Stadium when the Chicago Cubs play an exhibition game there tonight.
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 am

Headslick wrote:If you have the MLB Station you can get a look at the new Yankee Stadium when the Chicago Cubs play an exhibition game there tonight.

I saw that game. The sportcasters took the viewers on a tour of the new stadium. Very impressive! What I'd like to know, is that in this failing economy how could one city afford to build two ballmarks at the same time?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  John Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:32 pm

BladeRunner wrote: What I'd like to know, is that in this failing economy how could one city afford to build two ballmarks at the same time?
The Steinbrener's & Wilpon's have the money and the power to build anything they want to. And they're also very good friends with New York's mayor Bloomberg. I cannot say enough about CitiField. It's spectacular. There's a very good reason why this Bostonian is praising something in New York. Seems that Fred Wilpon has a thing for Fenway. He and his architects studied every nook and crany of old Fenway and adapted many of Fenway's features for CitiField. Too bad the Sox won't be returning to CitiField during the actual season. The Mets play the Sox at Fenway. I was looking foward to revisit the new park. Maybe it will be a Sox vs Mets World Series. That would be cool.

Baseball 2009 2qck0o6

Senator Edward Kennedy threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Boston Red Sox season opener today. With fans cheering, Kennedy walked across the first-base line and toward the mound with a cane in his left hand before giving it to a Red Sox employee and climbing onto the dirt. Standing in front of the pitcher's rubber, a smiling Kennedy bounced the ball to newly elected Hall of Famer Jim Rice, who stood a few feet in front of the mound. The Red Sox former left fielder than raised one finger as if to say "one more." Kennedy, 77, then threw a ball that Rice caught.

Baseball 2009 W6ze4k

Afterward, near the Red Sox dugout, Rice, wearing his No. 14 white Red Sox jersey, handed him the ball. Kennedy, wearing a red jacket with "Red Sox" across the front, thanked him before tossing it into the stands. The ceremony came 97 years after Kennedy's grandfather, Boston mayor John "Honey Fitz" Fitzgerald, threw out the first pitch at the first major league game played at Fenway Park on April 20, 1912. Fitzgerald was a member of the "Royal Rooters," Red Sox fans who paraded in the outfield before games. "It's the thrill of a lifetime," Kennedy said in a statement. "I know how proud [Fitzgerald] was to be a loyal member of the famous Royal Rooters and to be a part of Red Sox history that day."

Baseball 2009 Ws_go_sox_prudential
John
John
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 am

The Mets are still the same losin' least amazin' sorry team. They lost their home opener last night to the Padres. Pitiful! Sad
Brandon
Brandon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:27 am

Look at the bright side of things Brandon. sunny
At least they have a new ballpark to lose games in.
What's the price of beer in that place?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodger Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:35 pm

The Mets were on a 4 game losing streak until tonight, when they beat the lowly Nationals 4-3 with ace Johann Santana on the mound. No
Rodger
Rodger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 am

The Mets lost miserably yesterday to the 'lowly' Nationals with less than stellar ace Oliver Perez on the mound.

And things are not looking so good for NY's other team. lol!
Over the weekend the Yankees were swept by the Sox at Fenway.

The standout game of the weekend series had to be Saturday's Slugfest. Jason Varitek hit a grand slam, Mike Lowell drove in six runs and the Boston Red Sox earned their biggest comeback victory against the Yankees since 1968, beating New York 17-11 Saturday, for their ninth straight win. In all, 12 pitchers threw 385 pitches in a 4 hour, 21 minute game and managed to retire the side in order just twice, once for each team.

With yesterday's win, the Sox are on a roll - 10 consecutive wins. sunny
John
John
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Webmaster Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 am

Pity New York with their first class stadiums and second rate teams.
Webmaster
Webmaster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  TotalChrome Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Damn the Cleveland Indians for ending the Red Sox 11 game win streak. Evil or Very Mad
Oh well, I guess all good things eventually have to come to an end.
TotalChrome
TotalChrome
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike505 Sat May 09, 2009 10:25 pm

What's the story with Kansas City? They're in first place!??!
Mike505
Mike505
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Logan Sat May 23, 2009 8:04 am

Interleague Play

Some interesting baseball this weekend.
Phillies vs Yankees at the new Yankee Stadium
Mets vs Red Sox at Fenway

Would have taken my boys over to the Bronx for one of the Yankess games, but price of tickets at that new park is way beyond my limited budget. We watched the games at home on the TV. Flipping the channels, back and forth.

In the end it was the right decision. Phil out hit the Yanks 7-3
Nothing worse than shelling out big time money and seeing your home team lose. Sad
Logan
Logan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down