Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated....

3 posters

Go down

Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated.... Empty Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated....

Post  MightyA Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:32 pm

In the spirit of congenial film discussion, what are five films that you consider seriously overrated for whatever reasons? I will list five I feel that way about and will do so with the qualifier IT IS ONLY MY OPINION. If you like said films I am happy for you. I'm only saying I DON'T. If we do this right it will be fun.

So, with that, please begin taking back praise and adulation for (drum roll please):

Dances With Wolves
Braveheart
any Harry Potter
any Matrix
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
MightyA
MightyA
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated.... Empty Re: Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated....

Post  Brandon Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 am

I'll start my list with this one and add to it at a later time.

Scarface
A lot of Al Pacino movies are overrated, and it’s not hard to argue that Pacino is consistently one of the most overrated actors in Hollywood. Look he’s screaming and cussing. I’d say again, but when did Pacino stop long enough to start up “again?” While this was a breakthrough film in the sense of violence, one has to wonder how this movie got its status. The F-word is used endlessly (so much for intelligent dialogue), the violence is way over the top, and there really are much better written drug, Mafia, or violent movies. This film might be legendary, but it’s hard to argue that this movie would still hold up if it was a brand new release.
Brandon
Brandon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated.... Empty Re: Five Movies That Are Seriously Overrated....

Post  Bullethead Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 am

Brandon wrote:I'll start my list with this one and add to it at a later time.

Scarface
A lot of Al Pacino movies are overrated, and it’s not hard to argue that Pacino is consistently one of the most overrated actors in Hollywood. Look he’s screaming and cussing. I’d say again, but when did Pacino stop long enough to start up “again?” While this was a breakthrough film in the sense of violence, one has to wonder how this movie got its status. The F-word is used endlessly (so much for intelligent dialogue), the violence is way over the top, and there really are much better written drug, Mafia, or violent movies. This film might be legendary, but it’s hard to argue that this movie would still hold up if it was a brand new release.

I fully agree. I know people that love the movie, but to me it just seems self indulgent and pointless.
Bullethead
Bullethead
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum