Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To "DO" A DU RAG!

+4
Geodome
Levi
AtomicGleam
McGrath
8 posters

Go down

How To "DO" A DU RAG! Empty How To "DO" A DU RAG!

Post  McGrath Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Learn how to put on a Du-Rag, Gangsta Style.

How To "DO" A DU RAG! Zlax49
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Tie-a-Du-Rag-3374

Just follow "5" easy steps to Du-Rag perfection.
1]Unfold the do-rag in your hands. Allow the ties to fall over the index fingers.
2]Make a simple ‘cup’ shape with the palms of your hands. Be certain that the do-rag is not bunched up in the middle.
3]Place the do-rag on your head. If you desire to cover your ears, pull the ties around your head so that the ears are covered. If not, pull the ties behind your ears. Be certain that the do-rag covers at least half of your forehead.
4]Overlap the ties behind your head. Next, bring them around your forehead to hold the do-rag in place on your forehead, and then back to behind your head.
5]Tie them as you would tie a shoestring. If you don’t want the tail hanging down, you can tuck it underneath the back part of the do-rag.
McGrath
McGrath
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

How To "DO" A DU RAG! Empty Re: How To "DO" A DU RAG!

Post  AtomicGleam Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Where can you buy one of those do rags Question They're not available in my hood.
scratch I've given this some thought and I think a biker style bandana would be a better choice of head gear for me.
Anybody know how to do a bandana biker style fold?
AtomicGleam
AtomicGleam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Levi Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:55 pm

AtomicGleam wrote:Anybody know how to do a bandana biker style fold?
Step one:
Scrape up less than a dollar of change out of your car's ashtray and buy a regular-old square bandana. They're readily available in a multitude of stores all over the goddamn place, not just at your corner motorcycle shop. The standard bandana is a multi-use item, when not secured to your head.

One standard size 100% Cotton bandana will fit just about every size skull, sans Herman Muenster. The one-size-fits-all store bought pre-formed skullcap approach isn't personal enough for me. I like the custom aspect of tailoring the square swath of fabric to my own liking, plus you won't get caught wearing the same iron-cross flaming bandana that 30 other dudes wore at the rally.

How To "DO" A DU RAG! 11bhl5t

Step two:
Pick a corner and fold it over. Here's the secret key of the experienced bandana wearer; if you have a big head only fold a small amount over. Don't fold it in half or you won't have enough left on the ends to tie it securely in the back. If you have a small head, fold it in half. Medium size head, somewhere about three-quarters of the mid-line will get you in the zone. If you want to look really cool, fold the one corner over that has the label printed on it, then the unwanted part of the design will be hidden under the fold when it's installed properly.

Step three:
This is a one-man operation. No bones about it. It just looks silly in public to have another man tie your bandana, so practice this move before you step into public. Your mama stopped tying your shoes before you went to kindergarten, so you shouldn't need your wife or girlfriend to tie your bandana for the road either.

Face into the wind, tip your head forward and place the folded portion of the rag onto your forehead. With the two outer tips in your left and right hand, tuck the center top tip down over your head with both hands while still maintaining a grip on the corners. This takes some practice, but it's an acquirable skill that's worth its weight in gold. With less than a dozen practice attempts in front of a mirror, I promise, you'll have the skills needed to perform this task blindfolded.

Step four:
This is the most critical step to maintaining a firm rag-to-head fitment. Make sure that the leading edge of your bandana is low on your brow, not all high on your head like Aunt Jemima. If you don't tie the bandana low on your forehead it's surely guaranteed to catch some wind and you'll be out your 99 cents.

At this juncture, you should still have your two hands holding the tips of the outside corners, and the third corner is tucked underneath the two ends as you tie a double knot. The first knot needs to feel extra tight on your head. By the time you get the second half of the knot tied again it's going to be looser.

Now you've got the inside bandana tech. Whatever you do, don't go chasing after it, if by chance, it does blow off. If you're not secure in your tying skills, bring a second bandana along in your back pocket. You can buy at least 5 bandanas for the price of one pre-made poser rag. So just remember, practice makes perfect.

How To "DO" A DU RAG! 2rdu34x
Levi
Levi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Geodome Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:11 am

AtomicGleam wrote:Where can you buy one of those do rags Question They're not available in my hood.
They're in just about every Health & Beauty store here in Cajun Country.

Even a redneck like myself sported one with a patriotic motif last July the 4th.
How To "DO" A DU RAG! 27zc7qt
Geodome
Geodome
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeke Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 am

Geodome wrote:
Even a redneck like myself sported one with a patriotic motif last July the 4th.
How To "DO" A DU RAG! 27zc7qt
Dude, I never thought it was possible, but you took the ghetto out of a do-rag. Evil or Very Mad
Zeke
Zeke
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 am

Zeke wrote:Dude, I never thought it was possible, but you took the ghetto out of a do-rag. Evil or Very Mad
Agreed. Laughing

The only head gear I wear is my trusty old collection of "Stetsons".
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Tyro wrote:

The only head gear I wear is my trusty old collection of "Stetsons".
A biker-style bandana would look fine on your bald head. Give it a try Tyro.
Austin
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan-0-mite Fri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Only a few good men can sport a Du-Rag and get it right.

How To "DO" A DU RAG! Ll-cool-j-01
Dan-0-mite
Dan-0-mite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down