Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Iron Gym

5 posters

Go down

The Iron Gym Empty The Iron Gym

Post  BladeRunner Sat May 02, 2009 3:44 pm

I saw this on an informercial. I wonder if it's any good.

The Iron Gym Iron-gym-extreme-

The Iron Gym turns any door into your own personal gym in just seconds. It wraps around your door frame and uses leverage so there are no screws and no damage to your door. Iron Gym promises to strengthen and tone your chest, arms, shoulders, back, abs and more. Features 3 different grip positions - narrow grip, wide grip and neutral - so you can switch up your routine and keep challenging your muscles. Iron Gym is also great for pull-ups, sit ups, push ups, dips and crunches.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

The Iron Gym Empty Re: The Iron Gym

Post  Thardus Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 pm

That looks awesome because it's so versatile. When it's on the floor it looks like it would make a great shoe rack, and when it's inside the door it looks like it could hold lots of clothing and it would even support the use of hangers. Unfortunately I don't think you could sit boxes or stacks of towels on it. Very Happy

I don't know what it was with me and my home gym. I work out a lot, and I even spent 6 years working out of a home office located in my bedroom, but I just did not have the discipline to work out at home. For me, working out requires leaving the house otherwise it just doesn't happen. And did I learn to hate my home gym and that thing was an expensive and fancy piece of equipment. It would reach out and wack me whenever I came near it. No matter how careful I was around the thing if I came within 4' of its core it would find a way to hit me. It was such a nice sensation when I left it at "Play it Again Sports"

But back to your device. I think you'd need to consider other things:

1) If you're going to use it for chinups take into account that the chin bar will be very low to the ground and it's likely that your legs and feet will be hitting the floor for most or all of the rep. That would drive me nuts.

2) Can your doors handle the stress of all of that weight? I don't know if I could trust the doors in my Pulte-built house with that much of a test!

3) I like doing pushups by gripping onto something sitting on the floor, but I tend to position those things with the handles at an angle perpendicular to what you'd be using here.

4) The guy in the ad isn't bald so it can't be all that great!

Look in www.bodybuilding.com for reviews, but the forum on that site is down tonight (Sunday May 3).

You might even be able to go to a Play it Again Sports and try one out for yourself and see firsthand how well it's built.
Thardus
Thardus
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanderson Mon May 04, 2009 11:09 am

Thardus wrote:That) Can your doors handle the stress of all of that weight? I don't know if I could trust the doors in my Pulte-built house with that much of a test!
That's exactly what I thought when I saw this device. I don't think any of the door frames in my home could support the weight of me pulling on them. Come to think of it, maybe one door, the front door. But that's not the best place for a workout program. Would make for interesting viewing for my neighbors though. Laughing

What about this one guys....The Total Gym®️
The Iron Gym 41Nk68qnMIL._SL500_AA280_

It's advertised for only $49 for a 30 day trial period. And that includes free shipping and handling. They don't say how much it really cost, so this is very deceptive advertising. They've got some top guns endorsing it, including Chuck Norris and Christy Brinkley.

Sanderson
Sanderson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

The Chuck Norris Total Gym is NOT $49 Exclamation
Austin
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Skully Wed May 06, 2009 12:51 am

Thardus wrote:That looks awesome because it's so versatile. When it's on the floor it looks like it would make a great shoe rack, and when it's inside the door it looks like it could hold lots of clothing and it would even support the use of hangers. Unfortunately I don't think you could sit boxes or stacks of towels on it. Very Happy
Very true! Laughing
Skully
Skully
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down