Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did you shave your head?

+4
Webmaster
Troy
cyclops77
Marco
8 posters

Go down

Why did you shave your head? Empty Why did you shave your head?

Post  Marco Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 am

The actual act of shaving my head for the first time was a spur of the moment thing, but I'd been considering it for many years. One night I was clipper trimming my head as usual and I got sick and tired of my hair, so I cut it down as close as the trimmer would go. One thing led to another and I took that last step. At first it was intimidating, knowing how head-wounds bleed and taking a blade to my melon, but by the middle I was pretty sure I wouldn't mortally wound myself. Now, the more I shave my head, the smoother it seems and the better I like it. I'm a little torn, though. I sometimes wish mother nature would hurry up and take all of my hair. On the other hand, there is something very relaxing about "erasing" the stubble and starting with a clean slate. I may grow my hair back every now and then, just for kicks, but I can't see myself staying that way, I enjoy being sans hair too much.
Marco
Marco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Why did you shave your head? Empty Re: Why did you shave your head?

Post  cyclops77 Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:39 pm

I love making people guess if I am an easily pissed off biker or a peaceful Buddist. Twisted Evil
cyclops77
cyclops77
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:54 pm

I'd been going progressively shorter with my trimmer, and after a few months at setting #1, I thought I should give a full headshave a try. I noticed a coworkers fresh shave and decided it was time for me to go for the naked skull. It didn't make much difference as what I had was already short and there wasn't that much of it. But man, what a great feeling to just do it.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Webmaster Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:01 am

Troy wrote:I'd been going progressively shorter with my trimmer, and after a few months at setting #1, I thought I should give a full headshave a try. I noticed a coworkers fresh shave and decided it was time for me to go for the naked skull. It didn't make much difference as what I had was already short and there wasn't that much of it. But man, what a great feeling to just do it.
I can relate to everything you just said. Been there. Done it. In retrospect I realize I should have taken the leap sooner.
Webmaster
Webmaster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Yeah, looking back now I should have taken the leap sooner too although I don't know if my brain was ready for it much earlier. I thought it was a big deal when I took the plunge and went from a #2 buzz to a #1 buzz, thinking that was about as short as I would ever go. Until I found this site, I had never thought about lathering up and putting a razor to my head. Even six months ago I would have said "never gonna happen". I guess one works up to it in their own time.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorman Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:45 pm

That's easy. Wanted to go from hair-challenged TO bada$$.
Razorman
Razorman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyBaldwin Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 pm

cyclops77 wrote:I love making people guess if I am an easily pissed off biker or a peaceful Buddist.
lol!
BillyBaldwin
BillyBaldwin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Troy wrote:I had never thought about lathering up and putting a razor to my head. Even six months ago I would have said "never gonna happen". I guess one works up to it in their own time.
Truth is I never thought about putting a razor to my head. Especially since I hated shaving my face. I explain to folks on the fence that head shaving is not the same as face shaving. I get a much closer shave on my head than I ever did on my face. And then there's that sense of gratification that I experience every time I complete my daily headshave.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:22 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Troy wrote:I had never thought about lathering up and putting a razor to my head. Even six months ago I would have said "never gonna happen". I guess one works up to it in their own time.
Truth is I never thought about putting a razor to my head. Especially since I hated shaving my face. I explain to folks on the fence that head shaving is not the same as face shaving. I get a much closer shave on my head than I ever did on my face. And then there's that sense of gratification that I experience every time I complete my daily headshave.

Same thing here, and I realized this after my first head shave: my head is smoother than my face ever was after a shave and you can't beat the great feeling of a headshave.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Wiskers on the face are coarser than those on the head. That's why we're able to achieve a smoother shave on the head than face.
Marco
Marco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 am

Marco wrote:The actual act of shaving my head for the first time was a spur of the moment thing, ..... I may grow my hair back every now and then, just for kicks, but I can't see myself staying that way, I enjoy being sans hair too much.
The same can be said for me. Tried the hair thing again for a few weeks, but now the sun's shining off my bare skull once again. Amen bald bros!
Austin
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down