Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CMA's Best New Artist?

4 posters

Go down

CMA's Best New Artist? Empty CMA's Best New Artist?

Post  Austin Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am

A headshaver received a prime award last night at the CMA's. Darius Rucker was named "Best New Artist". Wait A Minute, That's Hootie!! You know from the group, Hootie & The Blowfish. Like he's been around forever. So he abandoned the Blowfish, went solo this year and moved from pop to country. I guess that qualifies him for the award as Best New Artist.

Austin
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

CMA's Best New Artist? Empty Re: CMA's Best New Artist?

Post  MightyA Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Congrats to bald brutha Darius Rucker who became the second black performer to win a major CMA when he won Best New Artist last night. Good move, going solo. Cool

Chris Daughtry performed an unlikely duet with Vince Gil. I really couldn't hear Gil at all. It was ALL Daughtry.

And congrats to Taylor Swift I love you who won all four awards for which she was nominated, snapping Kenny Chesney's streak of four entertainer wins in the last five years and Carrie Underwood's three-year run as top female vocalist. In your face Kanye, "She's the biggest artist in country music right now, by far.
MightyA
MightyA
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Skully Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 pm

MightyA wrote:
And congrats to Taylor Swift I love you who won all four awards for which she was nominated, snapping Kenny Chesney's streak of four entertainer wins in the last five years and Carrie Underwood's three-year run as top female vocalist. In your face Kanye, "She's the biggest artist in country music right now, by far.

She's a cute little thing, but the girl can't sing. Evil or Very Mad
Skully
Skully
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincenzo Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 pm

I watched the CMA's for 15 minutes and then turned the damn thing off. What they're calling country just ain't country. Classic country is what I listen to most of the time. There is some good new stuff outside the mainstream; it can just be a hassle trying to find it. It certainly wasn't on the CMA's.
Vincenzo
Vincenzo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum