Headshave Center At Forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negative Reactions To A Shaved Skull

+24
Marco
white_snake
AtomicGleam
Dan-0-mite
Celsius
Sanderson
Skully
Novack
Levi
Darby
Timpac
Tyro
TotalChrome
Geodome
Webmaster
Joey
mcpacker
NHBaldBoy
Austin
NJE03
McGrath
Mike505
BladeRunner
Logan
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Negative Reactions To A Shaved Skull - Page 2 Empty Re: Negative Reactions To A Shaved Skull

Post  Sanderson Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 pm

It all depends on how old these older woman are?
Sanderson
Sanderson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Negative Reactions To A Shaved Skull - Page 2 Empty Re: Negative Reactions To A Shaved Skull

Post  Celsius Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:49 am

I was on line at the pub yesterday and when it was time to get served I wasn't paying attention, and the bar maid said in a very loud tone, hey you "blindy mate", what'll ya have.
That not only got my attention, but the attention of all the other patrons of the establishment. Mad
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan-0-mite Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Today I overheard this little kid say to his parent, "look at that man mommy, he has no hair".
The mother's reply, "he shaves his head". The kid asked, "why does he shave his hair".
Mothers reply, "it's hot and probably he thinks he looks cooler that way"!????
Dan-0-mite
Dan-0-mite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AtomicGleam Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm

That's cool.
AtomicGleam
AtomicGleam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  white_snake Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Dan-0-mite wrote:Today I overheard this little kid say to his parent, "look at that man mommy, he has no hair".
The mother's reply, "he shaves his head". The kid asked, "why does he shave his hair".
Children have no inhibitions. They can be cruel. Like what that mom said. Cool
white_snake
white_snake
Citizen Extraordinaire
Citizen Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:29 am

white_snake wrote:
Dan-0-mite wrote:Today I overheard this little kid say to his parent, "look at that man mommy, he has no hair".
Children have no inhibitions. They can be cruel. Like what that mom said. Cool
Why would a grown man care what a child says. No
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:09 am

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.
Marco
Marco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

Novack wrote:My friends and co-workers are always asking me the same annoying question...........
When are you growing your hair back?
No
Luke
Luke
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BeachComber Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Luke wrote:
Novack wrote:My friends and co-workers are always asking me the same annoying question...........
When are you growing your hair back?
No
When pigs fly pig
BeachComber
BeachComber
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I get more negative reactions when I explain how I shave my head with a razor, than I do to the shaved head itself. "You actually drag a razor across your scalp?" Yes, sir or maam, I do.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 am

Troy wrote:I get more negative reactions when I explain how I shave my head with a razor, than I do to the shaved head itself. "You actually drag a razor across your scalp?" Yes, sir or maam, I do.
The lawn mower analogy is a quick way to resolve any curiousity.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 am

Celsius wrote:The lawn mower analogy is a quick way to resolve any curiousity.
confused
Marco
Marco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Celsius Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 am

Marco wrote:
Celsius wrote:The lawn mower analogy is a quick way to resolve any curiousity.
confused
You know.... grass is patchy, mow the lawn.
Celsius
Celsius
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Yesterday a woman I work with asked me how often I shave my head and if I use a straight-edge razor or an electric one. She can be fairly negative and I expected to get a "that's dumb" on my reply, but she surprised me by saying her boyfriend just shaved his head for the first time with an electric razor and she's trying to get him to do it now with a straight-edge. Two other women overheard us talking and chimed in that they think it's great for a guy to completely shave his head. I wasn't expecting the conversation at all from any of them and was a bit surprised to have them all standing around me looking at and talking about my head. When I was still sporting a short buzz cut, I was still sensitive about my baldness, but once again this reminded me of the freedom I've gained by shaving my head.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Webmaster Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 am

We should be happy we live in a time when baldness is embraced by the mainstream. It's always good to hear (hair Cool unexpected compliments, and yes, of course, a blade yields a closer shave than an electric. Hope your brief chat got the gent to switch shaving techniques.
Webmaster
Webmaster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Webmaster wrote:We should be happy we live in a time when baldness is embraced by the mainstream. It's always good to hear (hair Cool unexpected compliments, and yes, of course, a blade yields a closer shave than an electric. Hope your brief chat got the gent to switch shaving techniques.

Now that the door has been opened, I'll keep checking in with her to see if he's gone straight-edge yet. I agree, it's great that baldness is embraced by the mainstream. I wish it had been when I first started losing my hair, but on the other hand my experiences may have made me a stronger man, so it's all good.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyro Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

To the casual onlooker, there's no difference between a razored or electric headshave. I rotate daily between the two, but my wife prefers me to use a straight edge for special occasions and meetings.
Tyro
Tyro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darby Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

There is a difference, razor burn.
Darby
Darby
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  SlimJim Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Troy wrote:It's great that baldness is embraced by the mainstream. I wish it had been when I first started losing my hair, but on the other hand my experiences may have made me a stronger man, so it's all good.
Agree with you, 100%.
SlimJim
SlimJim
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Troy Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 pm

SlimJim wrote:
Troy wrote:It's great that baldness is embraced by the mainstream. I wish it had been when I first started losing my hair, but on the other hand my experiences may have made me a stronger man, so it's all good.
Agree with you, 100%.

Like with many of life's experiences, you don't really know or see the benefit until you can look back and reflect on it.

Troy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Webmaster Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am

I look at it this way. Things, the good, and not-so good, happen over a life-time for a reason. We learn from those experiences and improve one's life by moving toward the positive.
Webmaster
Webmaster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2